A. Snatch: 3,3,2,2,1,1; rest 4min (165(2),165,175,180f,180f
B. OHS: 5x5; rest 3min (185,185,190,195,205)
C. Box Jumps: 5x15; rest as needed
Notes: Roasted today. Poor night's sleep for the last few night's has really caught up to me. Can't fake the lack of CNS in olympic lifting. Legs are also wrecked from running the last few days. Footwork is becoming a problem for me in the snatch. It seems like I am pulling my feet back and landing on my toes which limits my squat and sends the weight forward. Focused on hitting solid overhead squats today. This was 10 lbs. over my 1RM PR so I am pleased with where my squat is going. Had to really focused on using glutes to get out of the hole since my quads were torched.
I was taking stock of my situation the other day during my run workout:
- I am 12 weeks out from double ankle surgery.
- I have set PRs is almost everything I have done over the past 4 weeks
- My running is getting noticeably better
- My squat has improved immensely
- I have good balance between my training, work, and social life
- I am continuing my education
All in all, things are going very well right now, I just have to keep plugging away and enjoy the ride.